Monday, September 26, 2011

Song of the Week - Calling All The Monsters

Before I start this week, let it be known that I found this song randomly on iTunes. I do not watch Disney Channel and I didn't even know it was from the said channel until my friend mentioned it. I investigated this and found out he wasn't trolling me. Now, without further ado, let me embarrass myself yet again by naming a Disney Channel princess as song of the week.


My first reaction to this was that I should save it for Halloween, as it really carries a creepy vibe (for an eleven year old anyway) and I was totally digging it, but then I remembered my own rules for Song of the Week (which are coming soon, by the way, so you can submit your own ideas) so I decided to go ahead and put it up for this week. The song itself isn't bad, and really shows that Disney does at least one thing well -- make music. They have always made catchy music that is a hit for the pre-teen and young-teen market, and they will probably continue to do so with China Anne.

I have never seen the show, mind you, so I don't exactly know how it fits in, or even what type of character she is, but I don't mind listening to the soundtrack. It seems that Disney doesn't fare well with writing television, but its music it churns out is always on the top notch for it's demographic. Their shows act like the kids are stupid, while their music is more complex and less stupid. It's something we may never understand. Anyway, this Halloween themed track is one I believe will be able to function easily outside of it's target holiday and be a moderate success for the newcomer.

You can preview and buy the song here. The first person to judge me is getting kicked in the face.

1 comment:

  1. This song is stuck in my head 24/7.
    It is for sure, a dumb song.

    ReplyDelete