Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Listen: Porcelain Black - Naughty Naughty

I can't for the life of me recall who it was the recommended I listen to the up and coming Red One backed artist Porcelain Black. Her songs have been pretty impressive so far, and her video for This Is What Rock N Roll Looks like is hilarious and awesome all at once. I mean, she even got Lil Wayne in her song, which is like instant stardom, right? Well I was bombarded by tweets in my feed today about this lady having her new single leaked. I guess I should give this one a go.


Her official follow up single was announced a ways back to be titled "Naughty Naughty." Yet another Red One track, this song doesn't disappoint... exactly. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If you are expecting something ground breaking, look elsewhere. If you are a fan of other Red One artists, this is right where you need to be. I would also like to say that while this is being called a "leak" it is indeed released on YouTube on her official page, and is backed by Red One himself, so I see this one as fair game.

The back track is very heavily synthed up, making it easily danceable. It sounds a bit like it was sped up from what it was intended to be, which is a good thing because the song is already over four minutes long. This one makes use of every kind of effect your Mac's Garage Band can create. There are all kinds of beeps and whines in the background, but most of the time it is covered up by the vocals. It is a little less rock than I expected it to be, seeing as that was the whole concept of her previous track. I saw her as being more of a shock rocker with her look, but I guess variety isn't the worst thing in the world.

The lyrics themselves aren't incredibly impressive. I had a nice laugh at the line "I'm just so addicted to beautiful people." as it seems like something my friends and I would have said back in high school. It is pretty much your typical "lets all party" song, with a bit of a twist (That twist being it seems to be Patron free). It makes me a bit nervous for the track, seeing as the partying at the club fad seems to be dying a harsh death. I guess I really do want this girl to be famous. She has a lot of presense, much like Lady Gaga, but she feels more raw -- more real I guess. And the video for TiWRNRLK (Wow, that was awkward to type) really helped me become a fan of hers.

The song also falls into the "badass chicks taunting you" category. Much less laid back than Nadia Oh was with her track "Shade", Porcelain Black tells us "It's all about fun and games until I hurt somebody. So what you gonna do about it?" Unlike a fellow blogger of mine (he knows who he is), I like this approach much better. I like really strong women, and I love it when they sing about how super awesome they are. She is "attracted to danger" and wont allow you to be "her savior", mostly because she is too freaking amazing to let anyone as puny as you save her.

The song is not as crazy good as her previous single, but it is a strong follow up. I would love to see more from her in the future, and if she keeps the same amazing team she has now, she will definitely go places. The song is definitely one that will get stuck in your head and probably even drive you crazy, but in the music biz that is a very good thing. Embedding is disabled for the video on YouTube, so why don't you give a listen here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for information best Packers and Movers services provider that could save your time, money and give you immense relief from hassles that usually comes with moving and packing services.
    Packers and Movers Hyderabad
    Packers and Movers Bangalore
    Packers and Movers Chennai
    Packers and Movers Mumbai
    Packers and Movers Pune

    ReplyDelete