Sunday, September 18, 2011

Song of the Week - Oh Wei Oh

Song of the Week is being posted a day early this week! Mostly because tomorrow I have a full schedule tomorrow and won't be near my computer until around 1AM on Tuesday. But please, allow me to astound nobody once again by making the song of the week someone I am a huge fan of yet again... It is my blog after all! Shut it, haters.


That's right! After weeks of this song being a Japan exclusive, British pop star Bentley has finally released his song in the US. He assured me via Twitter (several times, I might add, as I am very annoying/persistent) that it wasn't on purpose, but a problem out of his control. That is all in the past now, as the song is finally out. I resisted listening to the song on Youtube because I wanted my first time listening to it to be fresh and new.

This song definitely is what Bentley is all about. To fans of his music, it holds a very strong resemblance to "Alpha Dog", my personal favorite song of his. Bentley is one of those people who I don't care if he uses electronic effects on his voice. Much like The Saturdays, he has proven he has amazing vocal talent, so why shouldn't he have fun with his stuff? I swear if I hear one person complain about his "over processed" vocals in this song... Uhg. Anyway, from what I understand, this is the first single off of an upcoming album that will be his debut as an original artist in Japan. Yup. Bentley has a Japanese recording contract. Up until now, his Japanese albums have been covers (in both English and Japanese) but he is now working on original material for release there. I certainly wish him the best of luck, and I hope he doesn't overlook us in North America when the album comes out!

You can preview and buy the song on iTunes here. The song is amazing and I wish him the best of luck in Japan as well as Worldwide!

No comments:

Post a Comment