Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Aqua Update: The Big Twist Announcement

Remember how every website ever was saying that "Like A Robot" would be the next single by Aqua? I remember that. I got myself so hyped up over the song, wracking up at least fifteen plays of the song a day (and when you work eight hours a day, that's a lot). Well, Aqua had been teasing us with information on the single. We all assumed it was the release date, but early this morning, they threw everyone a curve ball. "Like A Robot" isn't the next single at all. The preview was for "Playmate To Jesus".


I can't even describe how excited I am for this song. I am a sucker for Aqua's more serious songs. This song, while not really a ballad, seems to be a song with much more content than many of their other songs. If I had to classify it, I would place it between "Around the World" and "Aquarius" -- not too poppy, but not too preachy either. Needless to say I'm gonna need to buy about a hundred copies of this track. No, I'm not kidding.

The space-themed track is accompanied by satellite beeping and a beautiful symphony of violins. The song is presumably a Lene only song, much like the other less bubblegum songs such as "Good Guys" and "Aquarius", both of which are near the top of my list of favorite pop songs ever. It may have been eleven years (or presumably ten around the time the song was written) but she can still sing beautifully -- and she is one of the few people I sincerely believe sings live and does so well.

A recurring theme that pops up towards the end of the teaser is the phrase "I pray for universal love". While not present in "Like A Robot" the theme of the new no bars Love Generation is mentioned in "How R U Doin'" and looks to be a major theme with the album as a whole. This is definitely my most anticipated album of the year, as well as one of the most promising singles of the season. Plus, don't they look spectacular on the single artwork?

Enough of me babbling on about how amazing it is. Why don't you take a listen for yourselves.





The single is due out September 12. That is less than a week away. So close, and yet, so far.


Lastly, in a more unnoticed post, the artwork for "How R U Doin" on their facebook page music player has changed to this photo.


It has yet to be announced if this is the official cover of the album, but given the source, I'd say it's a safe bet to say it is so. I'm in love with the picture, but I still like my blogger buddy Popsessed's version of the cover.

UPDATE:
Although I couldn't find the press release (or anything on their Facebook page), the Aqua Fanpage has said that September 12 will release not one, but two singles. It seems that they plan to release "Like A Robot" after all. The double A-Side single will be released all at once and "battle for the number one spot." I really hope this news is true -- and I hope the song is the uncut version they did on tour! At least the cover looks pretty legit.

1 comment:

  1. Like A Robot is a single too, released on September 12th as well :D

    ReplyDelete