Saturday, March 9, 2013

XELLE (Finally) Releases "Hologram" Official Video

Dear lord it is about time. I love these girls, but it was so hard to wait month after month for this video to come out, and now that it is here, it's overwhelming. Why is that? Because it's not just one music video, but upwards of twenty. Still don't get it? Watch the first part and then take a screen shot of your reaction.



Yeah. This video is a choose your own adventure. The first choice is to decide which place to go to search for clues. Choose wisely, because Martha's life is at stake! Over the course of several videos, depending on which destination you choose to go, you will figure out where she has been taken, and by who. The XELLE girls are the modern day Charlies Angles -- and Ronny makes one hot Lucy Liu.

My experience with the video has been a bit of a trip. My first "playthrough", my love for JC lead me down a downward spiral where I ended up with her breathing heavily and apologizing for failing in her mission. My second time around was different, but I don't want to give away what happens.

While other artists have used the "Click here for another video" option they integrated a while back by including bloopers or alternate takes, none have taken it to the extreme that XELLE has. This series of videos makes for the first ever interactive music video, putting Gaga's extensive videos to shame. It may not have been exactly what I had expected when they teased that it was something that had never been done before, but it certainly was a great turnout.

What ending did you get your first time through? How did you go about saving everyone's favorite Weather Girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment