Monday, October 8, 2012

Song of the Week - You & I

Oh, Anjulie. I have missed you in my life. This isn't exactly the first single she's had since "Brand New Bitch", but it is the first solid single she's released since (with the exception of some viral tracks). I am so glad she is back on the market. Let's take a look at "You & I".


This song has the best beginning to a track I've heard in quite a while. It is simply Anjulie's amazing voice set to nothing but an acoustic guitar. A few moments later the electro beats kick in, and the song becomes a bit less amazing, but not enough to really make the song unlikable. This track is much more electronic sounding than I'm used to hearing from this artist, but seeing as it was produced by Benny Benassi, it shouldn't be too big of a surprise. I am glad to see that she is working with big name people now, and making a name for herself.

Lyrically, the song isn't as impressive as I was hoping for it to be, but the actual notes and vocals is where this one truly shines. Her fluctuation on the chorus's repeated "you and I" is enough to make my ears go straight to heaven. This song is begging for radio play, and being a bit more friendly than BNB, it may just get some attention. I can think of a couple of people in particular that would be overjoyed if she made it big time.

You can preview and buy the track on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment