Monday, October 22, 2012

Song of the Week - Catch My Breath

It's rare that I pick bigger more mainstream artists as the Song of the Week, but my heart has a soft spot for Kelly Clarkson. The first season of American Idol was the only one I watched, and she's the only winner who's really gone on to do something (although a lot of #2s have gone on to be huge). "Catch My Breath" is another solid hit from a solid artist.


Can I start off by saying how gorgeous she looks on the cover of this single? She's been in the spotlight for years upon years now and she always looks amazing. "Catch My Breath" is the lead single off of her upcoming Best Of album, entitled "Greatest Hits - Chapter One". For a "best of" single, this song is very well put together. Most of the time, the new or bonus tracks put on single collections sound like reject tracks from previous albums or terrible demos they had long forgotten. I'm glad to see that Kelly isn't taking a shortcut with this release.

The song is a bit of new ground for Kelly, at least single wise. The song is bumped up to the current state of pop music, incorporating a lot of electro-pop sounds you'd find on the radio. She does retain a lot of her original sound, keeping her same rock-pop image; the style change is a bit more of an update to the new radio-played sound. The lyrics are all girl power but don't go too over the top (ala P!nk), making it a great all-ages track. Basically what I'm saying is this song was bred for radio play -- and I freaking love it.

Buy the song on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment