Friday, October 12, 2012

Drag Race All Stars First Look

It is coming. I may not seem too excited about it as of late (it's hard to be excited when we've lost someone so special, but I'm keeping my head up), but I am beyond ready to see some of my favorites return to the show to prove themselves again. Thankfully Logo is really bad at keeping things wrapped up too tight, and has decided to show us the first few minutes of the show, with the queens arriving in the work room. Check out this craziness!




Of course two of my favorites are highlighted, but for two extremely different reasons. Manila Luzon was picked up in the promo because of how outrageously fabulous she is. She has the most extreme look of the group, with her hair literally holding an old fashioned cigarette in her Cruela outfit. Her attitude is sharp as always, and I have a feeling that she is going to snatch the crown this year. She may have some tough competition, but she has what it takes.

The best part of the whole promo had to be seeing Mimi Imfurst walk into the work room. Literally everyone  lost it. Of all the queens, Raven seems the most upset to see her back. I'm not sure if they have a history, or if I'm just not remembering Raven as being such a bitch on things that don't have much to do with her. Either way, the entire room went up into a roar of laughter and anger when she walked in. I guess some people are just jealous.

The footage we are seeing is taken from a few minutes into the show. We don't get to see the first queens walk into the room (I would have liked to see Tammie Brown's entrance), and many of the other queens were pushed to the background to make way for some of the big names. Pandora Boxx, for instance, is hardly even shown or noticeable in the background of the happenings while Manila, Chad, and Mimi make their way into the work room.

I have mixed feelings about this promo. Half the fun of the show is seeing a new set of girls come in to make a name for themselves. Then again, I have such love for Pandora, Raven, Mimi, Tammie, Manila, and many of the others that made it back onto the show. Many of the girls had connected before and after their season with girls from other seasons, so the dynamics and alliances will be fun to discover. The show probably has a few surprises up it's sleeve, so stay on your toes.

The first episode goes down October 22, in just over a week. The premier will be dedicated to the memory of Sahara, which is a very kind gesture from Logo. Are you ready for the madness to begin?

No comments:

Post a Comment