Sunday, October 7, 2012

Nicole Scherzinger IS The Pussycat Dolls

Usually I wouldn't post about something like this, as it is a bit too shady for the likes of me, but I just couldn't resist, and, well, it's a bit of a slow news day, it would seem. Anyway, Nicole Scherzinger is about to rock everyone's world by unveiling the music industry's best kept secret. Watch below and find out exactly what that is.



(Note: The video has been taken down once already. No guarantees on how long this version will remain up. Also, I love how incredibly serious everyone is in this clip. Made my day week.)

Yup. You guessed it. Nicole Scherzinger did all the work in the Pussycat Dolls. Or to quote her she "probably did about 95% of the album". In the extended version, she probably goes on to take credit for the solo songs by the other dolls in the extended version of "Doll Domination". I guess we will have to wait until tonight to find out.

But really, did this surprise anybody? Not really. It was pretty easy to tell that it was all Nicole. The girl can sing, and she can sing well. Her solo career may not have taken off just yet, but when she was with PCD, she was on top of the world. So what if the other girls didn't sing? Pretty much every group has a lead singer, or one who gets the spotlight more often, so why pick on her? I only do it for the laughs. I am actually a fan of hers, both with the group and by herself. I just find it amusing how serious people are taking this, and how stupid the record companies really thought we all were.

In the rest of the episode, Nicole will go on to explain her insecurities  including an eating disorder she dealt with for many years. I am also told there will be previews of her new album tracks (in an effort to push her solo act in the US), as well as candid interviews with producers and ex-dolls alike. The episode premiers tonight on Vh1. Check your local listings or whatever. I'm not freaking TV guide.

It all boils down to whether or not the video is actually newsworthy. Then again, who cares? I think it is hilarious.

"Do you understand what I'm saying. We played the album for the Pussycat dolls."

No comments:

Post a Comment