Friday, June 10, 2011

New Mason Black + An Overdue Thank You

Back when I interviewed my now friend Mason Black, he informed me that he was working on a new song that he thought I would like. The verdict? Let's just say I am very glad that we kept in touch.



As you may or may not know, Mason Black is an up and coming artist trying to make a name for himself. With the limited resources of an unsigned act he does astonishingly well. He has put out two songs on iTunes and a third exclusively on SoundCloud. Needless to say I have full faith in him.

Anyway, Mr. Black has been keeping me in the loop on his new work. As soon as he was allowed to, he sent me the new track, making me one of the first non-production wise to hear it and I was floored. The song is much darker than his previous tracks while still keeping the strong dance vibe felt in both "Cruel Embrace" and "Showdown". The song leaves one wondering who the real killer is. Is it Mason's lover, or is it really him? He says it is up to the listener to decide. I still believe I'll get it out of him one day! Go ahead and give it a listen, folks -- "Jack The Ripper".

Jack The Ripper by MasonBlack

The new single is set for a tentative July release date. I'll be sure to keep you updated so you can buy it and support this amazing new artist!

I would also like to take a moment to thank a special someone for their help. My blog recently exploded due to the fabulous Pandora Boxx posting my article on her Facebook. I can't express how honored I am that she even read it, let alone felt the need to share it with her fans. I am a very devoted Fandora, and I will always remain one. To Pandora, if you ever read this: Thank you very much. You are fabulous and hilarious all rolled into one. I can't wait to hear your song and I hope to one day get the opportunity to meet you and maybe even interview you! Bring on Drag U season two!

No comments:

Post a Comment