Monday, June 13, 2011

Song of the Week - Bang Bang Bang

This week's selection may come as a bit of a shock. It would seem I have an affinity for the more unknown artists trying to make it big, and that I usually stray from people who are actually big -- that is until they actually do something worthwhile. This Disney Channel Princess may already have a loyal fan following, but she finally has won me over.


"Bang Bang Bang" may not be a radio single, but it is an iTunes single, which qualifies it here. It's part of the "Countdown to When The Sun Goes Down".  I was quite skeptical of the single, seeing as her previous releases were too middle of the road for me. This single, however, shows a distinct change to me. She now seems to be separating herself, musically at least, from her Disney roots and starting to make more mature and true pop sound. I can't stand the generic pop music that television companies have been pumping out as of late -- few artists from TV shows ever impress me.

The single seems to be about her new boyfriend, a fellow teen icon, but judging by the time it takes to write, produce, and record a song I'd have to say that it is more coincidental that her relationship lines up here. However, I can really relate to this song. Sometimes your lover takes you for granted... and sometimes another man comes by and sweeps you away. Preview and buy the single here.

No comments:

Post a Comment