Sunday, June 19, 2011

Video of the Week - House

I really can't stand it when someone makes a great song and then has a crap video to go along with it. I mean why would you spend so much time on making a song and then go and have a ten dollar budget for your video? Then there are times when there is a song that I wasn't impressed with all that much until I saw the video. Once you get the feel of the video in your head, the song takes form and becomes a lot better. This video is a case of the latter.




It's not that I hated Patrick Wolf or anything, I just wasn't really sure on the song at first. I am more of a get up and dance kind of song-lover. This is more refined and not exactly my taste... but the video. Oh man it is spectacular. The imagery of the woodlands taking over makes the song make much more sense, and we all like it when the odd metaphors in songs are explained to us, right?

Also, I want to take the time to give a shoutout to the person who brought this to my attention: @LadyFagHag. Awesome follower. Dedicated supporter. Thanks a million!

No comments:

Post a Comment