Monday, June 27, 2011

Song of the Week - TalkTalkTalk

It's been a slow week in the music scene, and last Tuesday was a bit of a disappointment all together. I was beginning to think I was going to have to dig way back for a song. Luckily, a new song came out by an artist I'd almost forgot existed. Here you have it: Savage Garden front man Darren Hayes.


This song isn't what I'm used to in the pop world. His voice is much more strained sounding (which works for him, actually) and the song incorporates instruments almost banished from the pop industry, such as violins. The composition is very bubbly without sounding immature, which is a great thing for jamming in the car.

What really gets me about this song is the lyrics. The song talks about all those things that should have been said can clutter up your head. All he wants in life is to just talk(talktalk) to you. I've been in a very similar situation, being ignored when the relationship was falling apart. I thought one discussion could fix it all. I can relate to the song extremely well, which is why I took to it so quickly. Maybe its that I relate to gay artists more easily? Who knows?

You can preview and buy the song here. Shout out to Deany for showing me this song!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha.. thanks for the shoutout! Darren is totally my favorite singer/songwriter and I bet you'd enjoy some of his other solo material too :)

    ReplyDelete