Friday, June 3, 2011

Ustream With Pollo Del Mar

I've got to be honest with you all -- Up until a week or so ago I had no clue who Pollo Del Mar was. You can go ahead and tell me I live under a rock, but in reality I live in the Midwest. To make it worse, I also live in the Bible Belt. Let me just say that Drag Queens aren't popular around here. I did, however, take a look at some of the queens advertising themselves as auditioning for Drag Race season four, and I have to say, Ms. Del Mar is pretty impressive. I've been wanting to get to know her better, and what better way to get right to the point with someone than Ustream?


First of all let me say she looked FIERCE tonight. That lady has some LIPS. Anyway, moving on and keeping in lower case letters, she went on to dish about all kinds of thing.  At first she was talking about bumping into 80's pop celebs and such (I wasn't able to catch the full spill as I was dealing with some drama), but then a single phrase caught my ear: "You have been asking about drag race". Yes, I know. I'm a Drag Race fanatic. 

While she hasn't heard anything from the show, she did mention that she has been in touch with a few past racers. First off, we have Ongina, who had a sleep over with Pollo. She didn't reveal a lot about it but it seemed like tons of fun. After that, she talked about an interview with Nicole Paige Brooks. She confirmed what I had hoped all along about her all along. When I watched season two I wanted her to truly be a nice person. Ms. Del Mar reassures us that she is, indeed, a very nice lady. Life can be sweet sometimes, right?

Moving on, Del Mar also discussed her interview with Michelle Visage, who as it turns out is quite nice as well, even though she was quite harsh towards a few of the contestants this past season. As it turns out a lot of what she said on the show, to Alexis in particular, was heightened and craftily edited to make it a bigger point that it actually was. Guess that's television for ya. 

In the complete opposite direction, she also talked about working with Robyn at a Pride event in San Fran. I was quite saddened to find out that Robyn is a bit of a diva, storming off stage not once, but twice. I mean really? Twice? Uhg. I love her music, but I guess they can't all be amazing people. She did eventually finish the show, but still, a tantrum like that can really damage someone's rep. That combined with the apparently large sum of money she was payed to perform just doesn't bode well for me. 

Ms. Del Mar shared a lot of other news, such as her opinions on "Back Door To Chyna" and her interview with Stevie Nixx, but those aren't really my specialty, so I'll let you watch the recap of the stream here if you are curious enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment