Sunday, January 11, 2015

The B-52's Kate Pierson Is Solo And Wants You To Save The Turtles

I have been longing for more music from the B52's. Their 2008 release Funplex was everything I had hoped for, but that has been nearing eight years, and it's about time we got more. Although it's not the full band, vocalist Kate Pierson, the band's red-headed vixen, is solo and about to drop her new album Guitars And Microphones.





This is everything I hoped for and more. If this track is any indication of what the rest of the album is going to be like, sign me up. I will admit I was very worried when I heard Sia was attached to the project, seeing as her music is vastly different from what I was hoping for, but apparently she is some kind of fan of the olden days of B52s because they totally nailed it.

"Bring Your Arms" is the tragic tale of the sea turtles as they have their young fend for themselves on the way to the sea. The song does have it's up moments, most of which come from Kate herself, who is apparently completely insane (in the best way possible).

The album drops February 17, and if you preorder on iTunes now, you get both "Bring Your Arms" and "Mister Sister"

No comments:

Post a Comment