Thursday, January 22, 2015

Dina Delicious Returns With New Single "Tick Tick Trick"

I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. Some time ago I saw that Ms. Dina Delicious, New York LGBT nightlife icon, was working on a new single. Being that she is an independent artist, making music takes time. Luckily she didn't give up along the way and this time around, not only do we have a new song, but we also have her first official music video. Check out "Tick Tick Trick".





This song is exactly what I was expecting. It's fun. It's dancable. It is, indeed, Dina Delicious. The indie pop world turned it's eyes to her when she released her version of the 80s dance hit "Two of Hearts" and now she's ready to show the world what she can do on her own. With the cover, her debut single "Bubble Wrap" and her promotional track "Black Widow" under her belt, she's ready to stun the music business again with her newest piece.

"Tick Tick Trick" is all about girl power. Throughout the song she is demonstrating her power over the boys with her sex appeal, able to control them via their more primitive instincts. “I have no patience for men who wanna play games. You wanna mess with me? The way I build a man up is the same way I knock him down. There’s power in beauty. I never seek to destroy, ever. I just walk away. Men destroy themselves after that."

What had me most excited was the fact that this time around, she was doing a video. For her previous singles, she did a lot of live appearances and promotions, but she's not released a full length music video. "Tick Tick Trick" changes all that, taking elements from the classic exploitation film Faster Pussycat Kill! Kill!. The video is a fun, cheeky peek into the life of Ms. Delicious, with lots of boys (can I get the number of that guy in your bed, gurl?), lots of booze, and a couple sleek cars, too.

And that is what is so inspiring about Dina. In a world where people spread hate and fear towards things that they don't understand or "believe in", she is not afraid to be who she is. She is an out and proud trans woman who is making her way in the music world.“Do you know how many times I’ve heard ‘You can’t because the world isn’t ready for a transgender pop star’ or ‘you can’t because you need the backing of a major record label’?" Dina explains. "I believe the world is ready for everything and that if I create openly and honestly, I can.”

That, folks, is why I love me some Dina Delicious.

Hop on over to iTunes and grab your copy of the track today and get your ass dancing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment