Sunday, January 4, 2015

Word Association With RuPaul's Drag Race Season Seven

Oh how I love me some World of Wonder. They, and Ru to a certain extent I'm guessing, really know how to put together some teasers. As if the intro interviews weren't enough, we also get this little gem. The girls are playing word association -- and some are a little better than others.

Uhh. Uhh. Uhh. Uhh.



Can I say that Katya is a genius before I get onto the other queens that I like now? I mean, of all of the intro videos she is my favorite, which means she'll go home second or third because I often curse contestants simply by liking them. I do have to say that as much as she reminds me of Willam, she has a more subtle humor with smarter jokes that can really fly over your head. Whether she is a genius is yet to be seen.

Anyway, the girls all give us a few laughs with this video. Unfortunately, they don't have name plates on the video's graphics so some of the less notable queens (as well as those that didn't exactly stand out in the promos beforehand) don't exactly get the credit they deserve. I can say that Kandy Ho really impressed me, much more so than her initial interview, and Tempest really made me like her. I guess first impressions aren't everything.

The one who I wish we had got to see more of and/or had more comedy from is Max. I am not entirely sure if we have another Milk (someone who looked quirky but was relatively normal, which really rubbed me the wrong way) or if we have a genuinely odd human being. I guess we won't know until the show airs.

Unfortunately this is another promo without any actual show footage, but it was filled with laughs, and it really shows the girls in a great light. Also, we got to see that Trixie is pretty much the queen bee of the show. Top three, anyone?

The show starts this month (probably the 26th, as that's the last Monday in the month) and you can expect me to be reviewing every single episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment