Monday, January 26, 2015

Dean Ford Teaseas New Album For 2015

Yes! It has been so long since I have heard anything from Dean Ford. His debut album fell from the sky like a gift to indie-pop lovers, and just like that he vanished again. Recently his Facebook page has been lighting up with some tidbits of info, along with a Christmas song that I tragically missed last season. He may have lost his awesome pink mohawk, but he's just as awesome and talented as before.


Dean Ford's debut into the pop world, CTRL, was released all the way back in 2012. I mean I know that non-label artists take a while to produce stuff, but I was about to give up hope. Luckily I have kept his music on my iTunes playlist rotation and thus I have remembered to check in on him from time to time, and it's payed off. I noticed that not only is he amping back up to do live performances, but also he's been dropping hints that he is about to release a new album.

So far, we only have a couple of posts to go on, the most obvious being an email from his friend saying "Release your album" over and over. The other is a very short video that says that the title of his new song (or single, again, very little info) is called "Get Messy".

I know it's not a lot to go on, but I'm so excited that he is back in the music business. It's been too long! For those of you in New England, be sure and catch him live with The Keepsakes at The Brunswik in Old Orchard Beach, Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment