Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Persia and Daddies Plastik Show Us Their Google Apps

The last time we saw Persia she was plotting the kidnap and molestation of Santa. The last time we saw Daddies Plastik was never. Now they've (re?)surfaced to release a new song and video. The track has been up for a couple of weeks but the video is spankin' new for your viewing. Let's all watch "Google Google Apps Apps".



First off let me say that this song just doesn't make sense. Well, kind of. I think the song has something to do with Persia's need to be white. Anyone else get this feeling? I love her ability to make a comedy song that is actually fun to listen to as opposed to a terrible beat with wall to wall jokes. I love the combination of speaking and singing. The part with the Plastik girl begging her "daddy" and the response "For Christmas, girl. For Christmas" was the best thing. Like ever.

The video actually does it great justice. Although it was obviously done on a budget (and my lack of Daddies Plastik knowledge making the faces harder to distinguish), this video is a riot. It starts off using the Google Maps app, and segue into a hot mess of greenscreen madness. For most of the video they are dancing around the screen until the end. The end is where it gets crazy.

All four of these ladyboys take some cakey-white substance that I assume is makeup but am not gay enough to know for sure and start painting their faces. These bitches are taking their xenophobia to an extreme! I kid, of course, but it is a hilarious way to bring the song's hook to life. I really didn't see it coming, and when they stop mid-painting, it makes for an even bigger laugh.

It's nice to see a non-Drag Race queen make some music for a change. Not that I don't love my RPDR gals, but this goes to show that there are funny bitches out there who aren't on TV and still deserve the same attention. Now I got another group to keep an eye out for. And my list of artists grows. Who will be added next?

6 comments:

  1. The song is about racism and white people taking over the mission district in SF which was/is the only Latino area of the city.

    White people do and go anywhere they want and if you want to make it in SF become as white as you can (work for google, make an app.) or your ass is going to get evicted and sent off the east bay.

    Duh, bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not being from SF I had no idea this situation existed. I simply found it amusing and wanted to make a few jokes. I'm sure racism exists everywhere, but the fact that these talented ladies are bringing this to the forefront is a great thing. Thank you for bringing this to mind, and I will keep this in my memory for future more politically based tracks.

      Delete
    2. I'd figured out the point of the song immediately, and think it's bloody brilliant.

      Delete
  2. help them hit the road!
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/persia-daddie-pla-tik-at-fluxx-fest

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just one fookin awesone tune. End of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just one fookin awesone tune. End of.

    ReplyDelete