Thursday, July 11, 2013

Jipsta Is Back With New Single

These gay rappers are what I have been craving lately. I mean I can always imagine other rappers I like (and there are a few I do like) are gay, but it's a totally different ballgame when they actually are. Last week we touched on Cazwell's newest track, and now it's time to talk about the return of Jipsta. It's been far too long.


Oh my GOD Jipsta has evolved into such a fun artist. He took his sweet time piecing together his first album, but this time around he's taken a new approach to his music. Instead of releasing the album single by single, he's taken to the studio, slowly crafting together a new album for us, and this is our first true taste of what is to come. To be honest, the remix released on SoundCloud is more of a preview than an official release, but the song is so addicting, I had to post about it.

"Abracadabra" is the name, and it features talented singer Joe Thompson. Jipsta takes care of the verses, talking about him rocking a club. It sounds a big generic, but with the way Jipsta pounds the raps onto the beat, he could be singing about sitting on the toilet and I'd still find it awesome. Joe shines on the chorus, giving us metaphors only a DJ could spin our way.

In a way, this feels much more mainstream than what we've had from him in the past. This mix at least sounds much more pop-centric than his last album that was settled firmly in house and circuit party styles. I really love this shift, as it fits more firmly into the music I listen to on a regular basis. I don't know if this will dethrone "I'll Take Your Man" for me, but it comes close.

I will update as soon as I get more info on the album's title, release date, and track listing. As of this time, previous single "Moomba Zoomba" has not been confirmed as a track.

You can check out "Abracadabra" for free on SoundCloud. For some reason it won't let me embed this one. Sorry guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment