Thursday, July 18, 2013

Osvaldo Supino Shows Us His Radio

Oh, Osvaldo. I haven't been following you for long, but already you've been mentioned on the site three or more times now. How is that possible? I tell you it's possible because this guy never slows down. He released an EP last month, and he's already on the move to release a video for the next single off of it. Let's watch the video clip for "Ma Radio".



I have to say this wasn't my first pick for a single. I don't even think it was the most obvious pick for a single, either. While I like the song, it's highly repetitive chorus really gets to me. What I can say about this release, though, is that the video makes me like the song more -- a lot more.

By this I mean the video is actually really interesting, borderline cute, and something refreshing. Keeping with the much less sex appeal tactic of "I Have A Name", the video for "Ma Radio" focuses less on him shirtless with buff men and more on having fun. He spots various situations where the people are bored or stressed, and he literally slams his boom box down by them and makes them start dancing. Strangely enough, the ladies don't seem to have a lot of rhythm, but those construction workers sure knew how to drop it.

This video came as a bit of as surprise, but the fans have already reacted. Apparently his homepage was flooded to the point of the server going down in order to see the video. YouTube has only clocked around 900 views, but as anyone who's ever posted a video on YouTube knows, they take forever to update their counts. I guess it will be another couple of days before we see the real results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment