Sunday, July 28, 2013

Abi Ann Can't Stop Daydreaming In Her New Video

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. Abi Ann is totally adorable. I had mentioned her new single "Daydreaming" once before, but now we have something even better -- a video. There's nothing like seeing a song that you've grown to love come to life, and having the wait in between might have even made this moment even sweeter. Let's look at the romantic little tale known as "Daydreaming".



This video has a lot going for it. It is cute (see above), it's believable, and it's relatable. I honestly think that every girl has been there (and most gays, too). There's a cute boy from across the room that you have next to no intention of actually approaching, but you sure are going to imagine the hell out of what it would be like to have him. Think of it as Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" video, but without the awful twist ending.... that I kind of loved.

In the video, Abi spots a guy from across the library, and proceeds to imagine herself with him. What's really sweet and captivating is that she doesn't imagine things in your typical "we're in love now!" sort of way. One of her daydreams focuses on the two in Bonnie and Clyde outfits, riding away in a car with crayon drawings for backgrounds. Another one of her imaginings is the two of them bonding on a ranch. They aren't what you are used to seeing in music videos (unless maybe you're a huge country music fan, then you can shut up).

As for the negative, I have to say that it does end up feeling a bit Taylor Swift-y. It wasn't the implementation that felt odd, it was the idea itself. I feel like I've seen this entire plot before in a Taylor Swift video. You know, the one where she calls the guy's girlfriend a whore and ruins their relationship for her own gain? But at least here the guy is presumed single. Though the idea seems overdone, she does bring a different light to it, showcasing sweetness over sex appeal, which I believe will set her apart in the long run.

Yeah, don't even try and tell me you don't perv over CRJ. You'd be lying.

If you love the song as much as I do, grab a copy on iTunes! (Note: This version of the video is apparently the "Deluxe Country" version. I kind of like it better. Don't tell the pop Gods I said that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment