Friday, July 26, 2013

Chelsea Korka Is Back!

Oh my god. I can't believe I missed this last month. I am the world's worst fan ever. Chelsea Korka is an amazingly talented singer that was once part of one of the greatest unknown girl groups of all time. Now she's solo, and it's been a good while since she's released anything solid. Thankfully we have "Save Me" to, well, save us.


First off this cover is gorgeous. I was hoping that it might be a music video tie-in, but it's not looking overly likely due to the gap between it's original release and today's date. Fortunately, we did get a lyric video with a bit of footage shoehorned in, so it's almost like having a music video. Her last EP deserved a video or two, but nothing came of it. Hopefully things will start to change for her.

This single fits right in with her sound. She doesn't seem to be budging from her pop/r&b mix that she's developed. What I really like about the song is it's constant tempo changes. One moment it will be slower and mild, and when the chorus kicks in fully, it speeds up and gets much more upbeat. About half way through the song we get that distinct C. Korka roar as she picks up the vocals to another level. That is exactly why I love her.

Story wise, it's pretty simple. The track is about being far too enthralled with a boy and needing to be rescued. I believe it's about being in a bad relationship, and having another guy come along to pull you out of the madness and return you to normalcy. It may not be the best message to send, but it is a viable option for some. Honestly I could care less what the track is actually about, as long as I get to hear her amazing voice.

You can grab the track from iTunes. Also check out the lyric video below!

1 comment:

  1. If you liked "Save Me", you should check out 2 other songs she did with the same producer (Mark Rosas) : "Together Again" & "Reaction" ! Really check this out !!!

    -Big Bad Paco.

    ReplyDelete