Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hyper Crush Is Back With "Rage"

Oh, Hyper Crush. I love you so much. It seems the more I fall in love with them, the more they give. Whether it's new music, new videos, or new side projects, these guys are always doing something. Now they've released their second single off of their upcoming new album. Yeah, it's f**kin' "Rage"!


I've been waiting for this track for a while. They'd been subtly teasing fans about this track since right after the video for "Visions of Coleco" came out. Holly dropped the name in my interview with her, and they posted a picture where with a caption saying they were arguing about how many times they should say the f-word in the new track. And now we have it.

By the way, the answer was they say it a LOT.

This song actually sounds a lot more like something you'd have on The Arcade as opposed to Night Wave. It's poppy, but in more of a bubble video game way as opposed to mainstream radio. The lyrics, however, are far from it. Holly keeps saying she wants a freak who can have sex to the song, and Donny wants to take a girl down to the pool to see her in her bikini. Though it's not confirmed, I can only assume the "woof"s in the background are Preston. I hope they are, anyway.

Sources say that a video is coming very soon for this track, but I couldn't hold off posting about it any longer. It's not exactly my favorite track they've released, but it is a great sound, and gives me hope that we will see many more styles of Hyper Crush past in this new album, due out this fall. Are you ready for Vertigo?

Buy the track now on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment