Friday, April 19, 2013

Osvaldo Supino Has A Name (And A New Video)

Osvaldo is back! Not that I've covered him before. Until recently I was very decidedly United States focused, so I more or less skipped over him previously. Then the thought crossed my mind, "Hey, if it's legal to view their videos, why not cover them if they are talented?" Well Osvlado Supino is quite talented, and with the recent release of his much anticipated new single "I Have A Name", I believe it's quite past due time I introduce my readers to this interesting fellow.



So that bit about the legality of getting his music may be ignorance on my part. Most of his stuff is up on US iTunes (although an EP of "I Have A Name" quoted on his fanpage seems to be missing). So I guess I have no excuse. I can say that he has been on my radar for some time, and his last single had me dancing. So why cover this song instead of them all?

Because this track is damn hot. What really makes this song work is that it has such an uptempo beat, while the vocals remain calm and under control. While I love "Mannequinz", the song was a bit on the crazier side. I can appreciate "I Have A Name"s calmer side, showing us that he is not only multifaceted, but also an accomplished singer.

While the video has a lot less scantily clad sexy boys running about, it does paint a more mature picture of a growing artist. Osvaldo takes a bit of a backseat to the story about not wanting to be the "other woman" in a sense. The characters all play out their stories, showing that they don't wish to be ashamed of who they really are. Supino does have his chance to shine at the end, giving us an intimate look into his world just as that octave change occurs.  

I guess what Im trying to say is SORRY OSVALDO! I'll be sure and keep a better eye out for what you have in store. Perhaps enlighten us as to if we will get your EP. Or better yet, when we can see material for you forthcoming album "Exposed" -- mostly because I don't have enough time to learn Italian!

Check out his body of work on iTunes, and be sure to grab this track... and a few others, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment