Monday, April 15, 2013

Moya Just Needs A Little More Love

Moya is another up and coming vocalist from the UK. What sets her apart? This girl's previous single was A Listed by BBC Radio. That takes some real talent -- raw or not. Now she is back with a another track, and this one certainly has my attention. Let's take a gander at "A Little More Love" by Moya.



What I love about this song is that it is one long buildup. It starts slowly, and eventually builds up to something that borderlines on elctropop, but never quite breaches the barrier. Moya admits "You think it’s going to go somewhere it doesn’t, but that’s what I like about it." And that is exactly what I like about it, too. It's really hard to explain what makes this song work other than "it just does."

With UK pop growing and expanding into the US, it seems natural that I start covering more acts, but of course I will be focusing on indie acts, which Moya is a prime example of. This single came out just yesterday, and it is already causing a stir. It's video, set up like a somber Adele-esque video, has racked up a half a million views since it's release in late January.

I have to say that of the recent crop of British groups making their way to the United States, I have to say I am placing my faith in Moya. She is one to keep an eye on, and I hope she fares as well in the states as she is in her homeland.

You can preview and buy the track on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment