Sunday, April 14, 2013

MYPHNH(BS) - Ms Trez

When talented singers come around that I feel aren't getting the due respect or attention they deserve, I often times take things into my own hands. Thus is the reason why I started not only this blog, but more specifically this segment, aptly titled Music You Probably Have Never Heard (But Should). This go around, a girl group from Europe has caught my attention, and this talented threesome could use a bit of press. Meet Ms Trez.


What is it about girl groups that just drives me wild? All my life I have fallen in love with the art form known as the girl group. They have amazing harmonies, pure pop sound, and sexy divas fronting them all. This is also a problem, however, when it comes to standing out. There is a plus side, it would seem. In the US there has been an absence of this type of music. Despite it being still very prevalent in Europe, especially the UK, it is a near dead art form in the United States. This opens up a whole lot of possibilities for those type trying to break through.

The Saturdays may have re-opened the door to the Girl Group in the US, but that doesn't mean they have got it cornered. Enter Ms Trez. A group of single ladies who have a tighter sound than any I've heard in a long time. They may not have a lot under their belt record wise as of now, but they are already making the push from Europe to the states.

The song they have been pushing lately is called "Sweet Liar" and is a song that can reach nearly anyone that is into pop music. Why you ask? Because the went ahead and released two versions. The original released late last year is a slower ballad, while the remix that came out just a few short weeks ago brings it to a faster pace and gives it an electronic sound to get you moving. I prefer the ballad version, but only as a preference. Both songs flow so differently that they are almost completely separate.

Based in Sweden, they are already garnering a lot of attention in their homeland, going as far as to being featured on fellow blog Scandipop. Now they are shifting more of a focus on getting their name out on my terf, so it's a no brainer that I would cover them. They are hot, both visually and vocally, and they make very catchy and fun songs. Why not like them? Their entire discography so far is available on iTunes. I recommend starting on "Beat Is Hot", as it serves as a sort of theme song for what they are all about (being fabulous, of course) and then moving outward from there.

This is definitely a group I will keep my eye on in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment