Saturday, April 20, 2013

Anti-Bullying Film "Wasted On The Youth" Out Tuesday

If there is one thing that we stand for here at TOTU it is that bullying is simply not OK. We may throw a little shade or "call it like we see it", but when it comes down to the bottom line, bullying in any form is simply unacceptable. That is why I take the time, when I can, to showcase artists of any sort that are advocating to stop the hate. This is why I bring up the upcoming film "Wasted On The Youth". And it doesn't hurt that there are a couple of familiar faces in there too.



So this isn't exactly a trailer. Then again, this blog isn't exactly a movie blog. You knew there would be a catch, didn't you? This is a music video that was made to accompany the movie's release -- for music lovers like myself. This synth heavy industrial track is by the group Heath and is called "Die Slow".

The video shows us most of the plot of the movie. It starts with a mix of a party going on and their day to day lives at school (which includes some hot boys in spandex! Go swim team!). Things evolve into a sticky situation involving drugs and revenge. I don't wanna give away too much of the plot, seeing as the movie isn't out for a few more days. The music is perfect, the setting is dark and errie. The only real complaint I have is that this may give away too much of the film's plot. Don't worry, though, there are still a few surprises in store.

Oh and notice anybody familiar? The starring male is Alex Russell, brought to fame by the movie Chronicle, and the female is Adelaide Clemens from the survival horror film Silent Hill Revelation. Bonus points to you if you knew I am obsessed with Silent Hill.

This film is on the verge of doing something amazing, and being the hipster I am, I can now say I liked it before it was cool. Well I mean it was seen by a ton of people at SXSW and The Toronto International Film Festival, but we won't linger there too much. The film is coming to DVD this Tuesday, April 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment