Monday, April 8, 2013

Abi Ann and Her New Single "Daydreaming"

Music artists these days come younger and younger. I am always amazed to see someone around my age making a name for themselves, but I have to say when I learned this girl was just fifteen, it did catch my attention. Then I heard her voice. Let's introduce you to Abi Ann.


Abi is an impressive girl indeed. She has been around for a bit now, but I have somehow missed her until now. "Daydreaming" is just a good a song as any to get started with, too. She is branded as being country, but this comes across much more Taylor Swift style country than Reba. She uses acoustic guitar to keep the song upbeat, and enhances the whole experience with her melodic voice.

The song is about the simpler kind of love that people experience. It's not about going out to a club and meeting a sexy guy. It's not about wanting to get married and have a family. It's simply about a girl who has a huge crush on a guy, and making her way into his life so she can be with him. The simplicity of the song is what draws me to it. "Daydreaming" is cute and bubbly, and it's singer fits the topic perfectly.

Abi Ann is an accomplished vocalist, having toured extensively with many stage plays in her past. This lead to her wanting to do more of her own thing. And thus a music career was born. According to iTunes (reliable, am I right?), this is her fifth single. Hopefully we will see a full EP or album out of her soon. She's got a solid track just in time for the influx of warm weather we are getting in the States. The timing is right. Now we just need more!

You can preview and buy the track on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment