Monday, December 31, 2012

Top Five: TOTU's Biggest Controversies

 It's the last day for 2012, and I plan on going out the only way I know how -- by highlighting all the crazy madness that goes on around this joint. Over the past twelve months tons of whacky shenanigans have gone down, ranging from stories involving some ultimate shade to haters doing what they do best. Now let's start off with the best, the better, and the worst of the year.

5. Blood On The Dancefloor Battles Rumors






For starters, this October goth-glam group Blood on the Dance Floor experienced a bit of prejudice when it came to some items from their past. In a removed post from Buzznet whom were given the exclusive premier of their new video to, they bashed the band and lead singer Dahvie's past.


Why the controversy?
Dahvie flipped the hell out, that's why! Although TOTU wasn't the first one to break the story (as it was a huge deal on Facebook), it was a very popular article here for over a month, bringing in fans of the band to get a peek at now long gone online rants.
[Read the full article here]

4. The Veronicas Be Hatin'


The Veronicas got in a lot of hot water over in Australia earlier this year. Apparently they are a buncha haters... A buncha haters that make fantastic music. I guess they just needed to stay relevant to keep relevant until their album drops.

Why the controversy? 
The Janoskians are freaking popular in Australia. Like, really popular. If this was for publicity, it may have backfired just a tad. These boys are kind of like the kid's version of Jackass, and when they announced they were going to make music, The Veronicas got piiiiiissed. I understand why they were mad, but announcing publicly that you think that the most popular preteens since Bieber are talentless is not the way to win over the hearts of your homeland.
[Read the full article here]

3. Adam Barta Brings In The Haters


Adam Barta is a good friend of mine, which is why you may see his work featured on the site occasionally (or all the time, but he really is talented!). Unfortunately sometimes when his name comes up, some people who just plain don't like him yet inexplicably follow him on Twitter tend to come with the territory.

Why the controversy?
Did you see what they said? I mean I'm not usually one to give haters attention, but they did a pretty good job, calling Adam sad and lonely because he wrote a song for his friend, Nadya "Octomom" Suleman. This hater also called out Adam's manager on some dirt in her past. In order to counteract this travesty, I gave the most Miss America answer I could. I guess I'll have to tone down on the Barta love. Or just enjoy the fact that I'll get guaranteed hits from all those haters.
[Read the full article here]

2. GaoSalad Is A Racist


Yup. You heard it here, first. Apparently I am a complete racist, and it all would have gone unnoticed if not uncovered by self-googling starlet Willam. So I got two Drag Race contestants confused who both happen to be black. So what? Well apparently getting two people of the same color confused because I didn't like or pay attention to either of them is a horrible crime.

Why the controversy?
It was controversial because people took it seriously. In a comment that has since been deleted (because it was quite terrible) I was pointed out for being a huge racist, and I've gotten a lot of flack for it. Fortunately the internet has since forgot about it... until now... because I just reminded you guys. Oh crap.
[Read the full article here]

1. I Interviewed The World's (Second) Most Hated Queen

 I interviewed Phi Phi O'Hara.

Why the controversy?
Pretty much everyone hates Phi Phi O'Hara.

But me.
[The interview was fabulous, though]

2 comments:

  1. Willam missing off this list? Let's not forget his contribution to the comments section on TOTU, huh-huh-hunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you not see me blame the racist fiasco on her?

    ReplyDelete