Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Interview: Wendy Ho Brings The Ho-lidays To St. Louis

Her name is Wendy Ho and she's a ho. This comedienne is known far and wide for her classy tracks such as "Yes I'm A Ho", "Bitch I Stole Yo Purse" and "Poop Noodle" (my personal favorite), and now she's coming to a town near you! Well, that is, if you live in the greater St. Louis area. She will be making a live appearance at Just John in St. Louis's "The Grove" December 7th starting at 9:00 PM. Lucky for me I'm an attention hog and got her to answer a few questions for me. And for the first time ever, I got some fan questions sent in, with some pretty hilarious results!

I know you get this question all the time, but why the name Wendy Ho?

My real name is Wendy Jo, and when I started rapping and singing all nasty, I was called "Wendy Ho," and it stuck!

 Is it a compliment or an insult when people mistake you for a drag queen?

Neither. It just is what it is! However I will say--all of my favorite entertainers have been mistaken for drag queens: Madonna, Bette, Cher, and Elton John.  

Speaking of drag queens, is there any legislation pending against Willam Belli for stealing your identity?

Hmmm....I don't think Willam stole my identity. I do think lots of drag queens have been inspired by me, and I can say that I've been inspired by them too!  

Your music goes to places few dare to venture -- rape, abortions, poop -- is there anywhere you draw the line?

Why would I draw the line? Offense is built into the ship that is comedy, its an integral part of making people laugh.  

If there are no boundaries then what are you going to shock people with next? I mean you already have song about having an abortion.

Wow. For a journalist this sure do sound judgey! If I went around telling everyone how I was going to shock them-- they wouldn't be shocked. It's like telling someone "we're throwing you a surprise party, so be surprised, Kay?" That ain't the way it works! Just trust I'm always working, and looking at what I think is funny---not just to shock, but to laugh!  

I only strive for the truth! Anyway, where do you get your inspiration and humor from?

I'm inspired by the life that I lead with many different creative cohorts, friends, and cultures, and when all else fails...buttholes.
It's been a good while since we've got a solid release from you. My life needs more crude n rude tracks in it. What you been working on?

I'm always working on new videos, sketches, songs... one of them is a parody of Rihanna's "We Found Love," that I changed into "Public Place." I'l be performing it at the show in St. Louis

Ooh! Rihanna! Can you give us a taste?

So again..."please give me your punch lines before the show?"
Here's the opening line: "In the line at the grocery sto', on a toilet in Home Depot" - that's all you gettin!
 
"Bitch I Stole Yo Purse" is what really made you explode onto the scene. Do you still run it in your set lists?
Yes I do.

Why do you think "Bitch I Stole Yo Purse" got so huge so rapidly?

I think the way things hit on YouTube were a little more mysterious back then. Now it's a total corporate landscape with people buying hits, commercials, etc. I have no idea why it did, I'm just grateful to be an original performing ho that people like Ryan Murphy and drag queens are inspired by- and try to replicate! People either love it or hate it and Im grateful for both! I stand before you to say "yes, I'm a ho!" Now go watch the latest video, and learn the words so you can embrace your inner ho- I know she's in there!  

Adam from New York asks "Who's purse was it that you stole?" 

Your Mom's.  

You just announced a rapidly approaching tour date in my town, St. Louis. It's not your first time here. What brought you back?

I have a great relationship with Just John's and have made some awesome friends there. My performance happens to coincide with the weekend my friends are throwing their annual holiday party--which I have never been able to go to...but this time, we are tearing it up.

Leon from St. Louis asks "What is it like sharing the stage with Dieta Pepsi?"

Dieta, I know this is you, bitch! Sharing the stage? Bitch please! NO one else's ass fits on the stage when you on it!

What can we expect to see go down at this live event?

To quote my song, "I Am The Shit,"
I sing my songs, i tell my troof
Leave a gift in yo pool, look like a baby roof
I’m a healer: bring your lame and crippled
Bring me homosexuals, my album sales triple

Wendy has a ton of hilarious videos available on her YouTube page, as well as all her hilarious music up on iTunes. Check it! Do you want to be a part of the interview experience? Fan Taking Over The Universe on Facebook for your chance to submit a question to my next celebrity interview. You never know what I've got up my sleeve!

1 comment:

  1. If you want to buy a musical instrument but don't wont to spend too much money I would choose either a guitar, keyboard, violin, clarinet or trumpet. These Don Ho's instruments are the cheapest to buy when starting out.

    ReplyDelete