Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sorry I Missed It - Luciana And Betty White "I'm Still Hot"

Sometimes I can be so oblivious to the most amazing things ever. Sure, I knew about the song at the time it came out last year, but I didn't have enough time to check it out. I figured it was just another trashy pop track featuring another aged TV star. Then it hit me -- Betty White isn't some aged TV star. Betty White is still hot, and she will never be any less so.




To be honest, I'd never heard of Luciana before. She is British, and apparently has had some minor hits over seas. I guess it's forgivable that I wasn't familiar with her. As a matter of fact, I don't think anybody was. Everyone was tuning in to see Betty White (and her obviously Not-Her stunt double that does break dancing in a white wig). Not tryna hate, but it's true.

That's not to say the she has no credit in the video and song. Luciana sounds good, and she looks even better. She's serving us some Holly Valentine level sexiness, which can be hard to accomplish. The song probably serves as her comeback, letting the world know that she isn't some washed up singer, either, and she's "still hot". She must be pretty hot if she's managed to wrangle Deadmau5 and Benny Benassi for her new EP.

I love that Betty White had a great sense of humor in the video. From the beginning where she upstages Luciana with her superior beat to Golden Girls references to the over abundance of cheesecake, this video is all about Betty. And this video -- this very video -- is why I thank the stars every day that the internet exists. It's like... and everything burrito.

You can buy the song on iTunes, but you probably have already seeing as I'm the last person on the planet to see this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment