Monday, December 10, 2012

Merry X-Mas From Dragonette (In Text Form)

We all know how much I love Dragonette. I can hardly shut up about them, but I never expected to see them release a Christmas song. Thankfully, it barely resembles the usual overly fake joyful "Christmas Spirit" that most other artists releasing X-Mas themed tracks is. This track may sound like it fits in with the season, but when you listen to the lyrics, you may be in for a bit of a shock.




That's right. This song is one of the first songs billed exclusively as a Christmas track to drop the F-Bomb. Leave it to Dragonette to pull this out of their asses. And you question why I love them so? The song is all about getting a generic "Merry X-Mas" text from an ex that she went through a rough break up with and having to deal with all the crappy memories it brings back. It is certainly relatable.

All in all the song makes for an amusing holiday track. It beckons on fonder years when groups like Aqua released almost parody sounding X-Mas songs, making me finally able to stomach this cursed holiday for once. I think I may actually use the response she uses in the song to everyone that wishes me a "merry X-Mas" -- "Thanks a lot; F**k you."

You can snag a copy of the song on iTunes to celebrate your holiday in style!

And today I learned that even Canadians celebrate Christmas. What a world!

No comments:

Post a Comment