Monday, June 4, 2012

Song of the Week - Every Inch Of You

What can I say? The Darkness is back. The hilarious almost self-parody rock group from my childhood has risen again to create music that is not only funny, but epic all at once.


As expected, the group's big comeback is another song about sex. "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" was a huge hit back in the day, and it really gained them a lot of notoriety from not only rock-n-roll fans, but the musical community as a whole. The lead vocals are pure 80s with falsetto wailing, and crazy guitar solos. This song may not be your typical song, but it's exactly what you'd expect from The Darkness.

Set to be the kick off for their upcoming album "Hot Cakes", this song is a fight against the machine, saying that he wants to throw everything away just to have every inch of you. No, it's not unusual for them to be so dramatic. This song is a bit of a change of pace for the blog lately, straying from the same old pop sound I've been thriving on lately. I like to think of it as a sign that I'm growing as a writer -- I mean it's not. The Darkness is just a freaking awesome band.

Buy the track on iTunes! Do it. Do it now.

Note: I cannot guarantee the site will be updated this week. If I find the time for it, I will, but I am currently on vacation. The worst case scenario is that I don't update again until Friday night. Thanks for all of your patience and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment