Friday, June 29, 2012

Kwanza Jones Remix Winners + New Contest

I embarrassed myself enough by entering Kwanza's rap contest, and without the proper equipment, I was left no choice but to keep away from the remix contest as a competitor, but thankfully other talented people kept in the race. Tons of people competed to have the best remix of her new smash track "Supercharged", but only three prevailed on top of the rest.


Recently, Kwanza announced the top three winners in order of third to first. Third place went to Alex Lewis' "CHOON remix". Second place was awarded to Crysis. This left Cliffhanger as the winner with the "Cliffhanger VS LightniX Remix". All three of these are solid, but I have to say I was impressed the most by Alex (maybe it's just my thing for supporting the underdog?). I am still excited to hear the song is it's original glory, as I missed the contest page where she gave everyone a sneak peek, but these remixes are certainly doing it for me for now. Check out the top performer below.




The race was close, and there was a bit of an upset when fan-favorite DJ Shellshock did not win the contest. He was instead awarded a "fan favorite" title, but no word yet on if this holds any bearing in regards to a release.

Once again keeping her title of Contest Queen, she has wasted no time in devising a new contest for her fans to prove they got what it takes. This go around it is much more accessible for the every day fan (as opposed to the musical genius fans she obviously has already showcased). Kwanza is calling for her fans to make their own videos to Time To Go. The title says a "Lip Sync" contest, but from the description Kwanza gives in the video below, it sounds like she's looking for something a bit more creative than a girl singing into her hairbrush in front of a webcam.




So yeah, this is definitely a contest I am considering entering. The first prize is one hundred dollars, and the winner will also get attention from Kwanza.  This might be another time I go out on a limb and make myself look like a total derp, but it will all be in good fun. Maybe I can put what I learned in school to good use! Give me some ideas, people!

1 comment:

  1. Bring on the hairbrush!!!!!!!' xoxoxoxoxo

    Can't wait to see what you come up with. Have fun with it! And thanks for the great recap.

    ReplyDelete