Friday, June 8, 2012

Site News: GaoSalad On New Pop Music Critic Panel

Recently, I (GaoSalad, this site's lead blogger) was invited by a friend of mine to join a group of talented writers to examine pop music and discuss it beyond just saying "Oh that is a flop/Thats a total smash." Check out the full article via David's website Vertigo Schtick.

 


A few of them I knew beforehand, a few I am just getting to know, but I am honored to know that I was selected. Dean, David, Sarah, Gregory, Minna and Techno School are all talented writers, some of which I actually look up to. I will continue to show my support for the underdog (it's in my nature) and probably end up disagreeing with the other panelists most of the time, but that's what makes it fun. This month we reviewed Adam Lambert, Cheryl (who I am the only fan of, apparently), Queen of Hearts, and more.

The panel will be a monthly project, posting the first Thursday of every month. I will continue to write on this "Popologist" post for as long as David continues to ask me back. I had a great time working on this edition, and the future looks even brighter. 

As for other news with the site, I am back from vacation, and posting will resume tomorrow (possibly with multiple posts in one day to catch up). I have a few album reviews, a few returning segments, and a couple of surprises up my sleeve. Stay tuned, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment