Monday, June 18, 2012

Song of the Week - Frozen

It's been another slow week on the music front. Thankfully, my good friends over at OutLoud Talent aren't shy about making sure everyone sees their artists, and Brandon Hilton has been promoted quite a bit lately. I gave the song a listen, and what do you know? It was actually pretty good. Check out his latest single "Frozen".


This is my first exposure to Brandon, but I have taken my time to look over his back catalog and get to know his musical style, and I can say that he has grown musically over the past two years, and "Frozen" seems to be the accumulation of all of his hard work. He boasts that the song is all him, no autotune, and it does show, feeling a little unpolished -- not that it's a bad thing. The lack of conventional musical tweaks gives it a raw and unique feel.

The song is about longing for someone lost, and feeling frozen, unable to do anything. The songs dark, almost Depeche Mode feel, gives it a lot of undertones that could be interpreted in many different ways. It looks like we may not know the true extent of what he was going for until the music video drops (which, according to Facebook will be in just a few days). I will definitely keep my eye out for more from him in the future.

Get the song for yourself on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment