Friday, June 21, 2013

The New Futures Go To The Ocean With New Single

I'm so clever with titling these things, aren't I? Oh, how I amuse myself. Now is the time for Summer music, and here is yet another song that is going to get you in the mood for the season, but in a bit of a different way than songs I've posted about in the past. Why, you may ask? Because it's The New Futures and they are hardly conventional. Well not 2010's conventional, anyway. Check out "Ocean".


Remember how I said that it would put you in the mood for a different kind of Summer? Well it is a Summer song, but it's more of a 90s Summer song. Don't get what I mean? Well it brings back memories of the golden era of the late 90's feel good easy going rock. Think Sugar Ray and you'll be on the right path to what these guys sound like. The point is, I'm loving this song. Plus there's a pretty sweet jazzy saxophone solo in there. Don't see that every day.

The song is a bit hard to understand. It seems to be about a guy who is trying his hardest to convince a girl that he can be her everything. There are many comparisons and metaphors to beaches and the ocean, given the title. The only problem is that the chorus is a bit hard to make out. The lead singer's voice is great, I just find the mix, along with the higher note he hits, to be a bit distracting as far as the actual lyrical content goes. Other than that, I'm completely digging the song.

This is their second single set to be on their first major release, an EP called "Radioactive" due out July 2. This means that there are three more tracks left to be heard. What more can they have in store for us? I certainly hope that "Ocean" gets a video. Mostly because it's Summer themed and they might be shirtless.

Oh, there I go being awkward again.

Grab this track on iTunes, and be sure and pre-order the EP while you're at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment