Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Side FX Is Back With Two New Tracks And A Video

It's been a hot minute since I've seen Side FX around the net. They released their latest album, "Spin Me Ever After" and have been on tour ever since promoting and touring. Recently, they released a dual A-Side single called "Still Spinning". I knew better  to hop on the train right away, because a little birdie told me they would have a video to go along with it. And today, this is what we found:



Can I take a moment to say that it is incredibly impressive that this video has gotten over 37,000 views in less than 24 hours. I knew that Side FX was a popular group, seeing as they've been on Billboard Top 40 multiple times, but I didn't know they had that kind of pull! Color me genuinely impressed.

The video consists of two songs, "Not Into You" and "A Little Bit In Love". The two songs are mixed together to form one continuous mix (although the video version has yet to pop up on iTunes). Both songs share a similar vibe, but are about completely different topics. The first, "Not Into You" is all about trying to let a guy down gently because he's not exactly her type. The second, "A Little Bit In Love" is her sort of coming to her senses and realizing that she is falling in love and it's something she can't help.

The video really helps get the message across. It features Kim (who looks STUNNING!) trying her best to lose a guy, only to realize at the midpoint where the song shifts that he is actually the man of her dreams. Both songs share a sense of reluctance, which is played up on screen. Can I also say that Kim has great taste in guys, as her male lead was not bad on the eyes at all.

Personally, even though I like "Not Into You", I think it works best as a total package. I was a little surprised to see that the video mix wasn't for sale anywhere. Perhaps it will be included in some kind of deluxe package, or posted to another site exclusively. Who knows? All I can say is that they've caught me by surprise yet again. What will they come up with next?

Grab "Not Into You" and "A Little Bit In Love" both on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment