Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Gay Rapper Cazwell And Rising Star Luciana Team Up

Cazwell is one of the best known gay rappers. Luciana has already made a name for herself in the gay community by enlisting Betty White as a partner in her debut track. What do you get when you take two rising stars of the LGBT flavor? You get a sexy track and video called "Guess What?"


I have to say this song was much better than I had expected. I've not payed a lot of attention to Cazwell thus far, and I might have skipped over this release had Luciana not been attached to it. I'm actually glad I checked it out, because it is pretty catchy. Cazwell is a great rapper, and has a lot of quirky gay tweaks to throw into his flows (such as bringing up Craigslist). Luciana is just fabulous no matter what she does.

The track is very fun and upbeat. I found there to be a couple of things that were odd about the track. Apparently Luciana feels the need to constantly remind people that she is both hot and from London. Also the fact that the song is called "Guess What" is a bit confusing, seeing as the main hook from her last track was "Guess what? I'm still hot."

As for the video, it makes for an interesting watch. The two are seen running amok in an abandoned flat in NYC, having fun. What makes it visually appealing is the use of pink colors throughout. The only awkward part is when Luciana is in the cat suit with her tail floating above her while she does some weird back arching thing. The best part for me was the cameo shoehorned in at the very end. Tammie Brown is the voice of the emergency broadcast system. Love that crazy lady!

You can view the video here on YouTube (embedding seems to be disabled?) and you can grab the track on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment