Monday, June 3, 2013

Belmont Lights To Be Featured On MTV's The Real World

Lately, MTV has made a habit out of finding lesser known music, getting the rights to it, and broadcasting it to the world. They've gotten a lot of my friends attention by featuring the songs in their shows, and I'm hoping that it's not different in this case. The latest season of The Real World, this time set in Portland, OR, will be featuring one of my favorite indie bands -- Belmont Lights!


Now if only the guys themselves were in the episode. I love these guys, and I'm excited to see them move in this direction. They have a very current sound, being more light and flowing rock that is all over the radio today. The song selection itself, "Don't Touch" took me by surprise a bit, as I didn't think it was necessarily a song they were pushing (especially as a single), but it's not a bad choice at all.

I honestly can say I haven't been keeping up with this season of The Real World (although I usually do). I guess things got too busy and it was lost in my scheduling somewhere, but just knowing they are giving my boys a shot makes me wanna watch it all from the beginning. I've been wondering what reality TV shows to cover in the Drag Race downtime, and maybe I may have found a new home?

But it will probably be Real Housewives. Of New Jersey. Oh my god I love how psycho Teresa is all the time.

Regardless, if you've got MTV and you love some indie rock, check out the newest episode of Real World Portland and catch "Don't Touch" by Belmont Lights as part of the show! It airs June 5th at 10/9 Central! Check out the lyric video below for the full song.

1 comment:

  1. What a great introduction! This is a great band with a happening sound! Checkout the Belmont Lights “City Sessions”

    ReplyDelete