Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Have A Spooky Halloween With Adam Barta And Rebecca Glasscock

Look here. Adam Barta, after years of me supporting him in his musical endeavors, is now tryin' to steal my gig! Interviewing RuPaul's Drag Race girls has been my thing! But I guess it helps him out a lot more by being part of the Word of Wonder Youtube multi-channel network. This year he teamed up with Rebecca Glasscock to interview a ton of queens for NYC's annual Night of the Living Drag event. Check out the video below.





There is a lot going on here! Let me say that as hesitant as I was seeing Rebecca as the co-host of this video, I really ended up liking her. She has been popping up more and more ever since the first season of Drag Race was re-aired, and now she's becoming a regular in Adam's productions. Not bad, I'd have to say. She has grown a lot since her stint on the show, and comes across much more likeable in her new appearances. Good for her.

I love this video mostly because it allows for Drag Race fans that don't live in the NYC area (like me) to experience the show from a different aspect. We all see the videos of the queens werking it on stage, but it's a much rarer thing to see them back stage, more loosened up, and answering some fun questions. We find out that Ivy is engaged (apparently which she hadn't announced before), that Sharon believes in patricide, and that Phi Phi is and always will be the fiercest bitch around.

There were some great costumes, as well as some not-so-great. Coming out on top is Phi Phi O'Hara's Power Ranger's villain costume of Rita Repulsa. I have been a long time fan of the show, and she pulled it off 100%. I also was loving the retro vibe from Alaska's vintage Heavy Metal look. And we can't forget the fun and coordinated efforts from our hosts being Robin and Catwoman from the Batman franchise! Also, did anybody clock that Milk's costume was totally Magnolia Crawford?

The video does run a bit long, but who can blame them. This video is for anybody who wants to re-live the magic that was RuPaul's Drag Race and for anybody who wants a little inside scoop as to what the queens are up to. They didn't ask any hard hitting questions, but it was a fun night and no need for any sort of downer. All in all, Adam is doing a good job at being me.

2 comments:

  1. Gurrrrrl that was fierce! But would love to see my Branny Bran Brandon Hilton doing some stuff with miss thang, okay, mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear Brandon has a new reality show.. SOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mama Ru better make a guest appearance! And Alaska too! And Adam Barta!

    ReplyDelete