Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sorry I Missed It - Shockolady "Hello"

It's been a while since I have done a "Sorry I Missed It" segment, mostly because I feel that with the slow start to the year, I've been pretty on top of my spectrum of artists. Fortunately, when I do miss something awesome, people are never shy to let me know. That's exactly how I found out about Shockolady.



In case you aren't familiar with her, Shockolady is a rising star over in the UK. How big is she? Well she supported The Steps on their reunion tour. If you don't know who The Steps are, we can't be friends. No, really.

This video, released in early January, is a very interesting piece. As a whole, it is very fashion forward, and might remind people of an early Gaga video, only amped up to eleven. A lot of the video actually reminds me of the new adaption of Tron, having lots of technological and reflective based outfits.

"Hello" is a very upbeat and fun track. It brings to mind XELLE's hot song "Hologram" with it's catchy hook of "Hella hella hella -- Hello". The verses, sang in a very hushed voice, cause a unique comparison and make the chorus pop even more. On the down side, it makes the lyrics as well as the meaning of the song harder to comprehend.

That hook makes it so worth it, though.

The single is not out as of now in the US, so enjoy the video over and over so she can crank those numbers up!

No comments:

Post a Comment