Saturday, March 23, 2013

MYPHNH(BS) - Amy Weber

All too often, the talented artists out there are constantly bordering on stardom, but can't seem to make that one last leap into the big leagues. They may be on the charts and causing a stir on the net, but they haven't found their way onto the radio. This is exactly where most of my favorites seem to be -- in a musical limbo. It's my job to help them as much as I can. With that being said, let me introduce you to one of my new favorites -- Amy Weber.



Amy has this undeniable beauty that is often people's first draw to her. Seeing as she's doing her best to balance her music with her budding film career, it's no wonder why this is the way it is. She actually reminds me of Nicole Scherzinger, having a very racially ambiguous look, and having a wide appeal to men (and women, for that matter).

But let me go ahead and say that she isn't just a beauty. As shown by her most popular song to date "Let It Rain" (shown above), she has a great voice to go along with her image. The song is a very soft sounding pop track, summoning thoughts of The Saturdays from my days when British music was everything to me. This girl, though? She is straight out of Illinois, from a city that isn't too far from the place I call home. That makes her even better in my book.

Her newest song, "Dance of Life" is a much more electronic song, catching her up to the present day's radio-ready singles. This song is actually a lot like what you would hear on the radio, quality included, which really surprises me that it hasn't blown up yet. The song has been out since November of 2012 and has only wracked up a few hundred views on YouTube. Let's correct that by watching it now!



With a beat as catchy and voice as strong as that, it seems it is only time before it catches on. I am simply doing my part in spreading the word. With a new movie premiering on DVD this month and no signs of either her modeling or music careers slowing down, I'm sure that things will only go up for Amy from here.

Check out her body of work on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment