Monday, March 25, 2013

Drag Race Season Five Cast-Off Roundup Part Two

No new episode tonight, so instead, I offer up the next portion of the cast off round-up. In these posts, I compare my initial reactions based on their debut interviews to how they actually did on the show. Do they measure up to their potential? Do they surprise me at all? Probably not, but let's see where it goes anyway, shall we?

First up, Lineysha Sparks.


"Our first Puerto Rican queen of the season! These bitches always look fierce, but as shown last season, Ru isn't giving any of them free passes. Her English is pretty bad -- like Yara level bad. The entire interview was hard to understand, but I'm not sure if it was her English, or if I was distracted by how amazing she looked. She better go far in this competition, because she looks fierce and I can't wait to see more of her looks."

Anyone else how upset how quickly Lineysha went home? I mean with season four, at least they had reason to send home the Latin girls quickly. Lineysha was talented, fierce, and a part of Team GaoSalad. I have to say that her English was lacking, but when Lineysha was in boy mode... with that mohawk... and those muscles.... Wait what was I doing again?

Next - Jade Jolie.


"This queen is named Jade Jolie (no relation). Her name is from Mortal Kombat. Let me do a double take. From afar she looks cute, but up close, she doesn't look as polished. Her voice sounds like she may be related to Tatiana, which is not a good thing. She talks A LOT, which got on my nerves by the end of the two minute interview. Not sure if I can stand to see her for a full hour."

I can honestly say that I cannot stand Jade. She looked like a Kandy raver kid most of the time, looking more like a teenager than a woman. As a boy, he creeped me out and as a girl he failed to impress. Seeing as he is the only person to go four weeks not being in the top or bottom, Id say that she could be one of the most forgettable queens who lasted past the first three weeks. Pity.

Last for this entry Ivy Winters.


"This was one of my top picks based on the photos released prior to the interviews. She's not too camp and not to fish looking, and that colorful dress is giving me everything. Her laugh is a bit annoying. I am really feeling her, but I'm not sure how far she will go in the competition, especially with some of the bigger names in the show already. She does have being a costume designer going for her though, that is if they go back to the season three sewing madness challenges."

 Ivy, Ivy, Ivy. I wish that you had gone all the way. You had the skills and the look. Why did you get booted before you truly could shine? There was a budding romance with Jinkx going on in the final episode she appeared in. Unfortunately for Ivy, the sewing challenges are all but gone (as they were week after week in season three), or else she probably would have won this whole thing.

So next week we get another new episode. Judging by the timing, I'd say that they will be announcing a girl returning to the competition very soon as this usually happens around the top four or top five. Who do you think should come back? Check out my first roundup and let me know who of the seven eliminated queens deserves a return.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly think they aren't bringing anybody back this season. The last two seasons when they brought someone back, it was for the makeover challenge and they had five queens. This season when it gets to the makeover challenge, they will have five queens. But if they brought anybody back, I'm pulling for either Vivienne or Lineysha.

    ReplyDelete