Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mason Black's First Music Video "This Too Will Pass"

Mason Black has been a good friend of mine for a long time now and a huge supporter of the site as well. Recently he revealed to me that he was doing his first music video, and it was all I could do to contain my excitement. Without further ado, allow me to introduce to you for your viewing pleasure "This Too Will Pass" -- Mason Black's first music video.



I know what you are thinking. For those of you who haven't been paying attention to my posts on this artist, he has hopped genres and become a country music singer these days. Although it doesn't exactly fit in as far as this being a pop-dominated blog, but it's my damn site and I'll post what I please. And it also helps that this very song came in a close second for Song of the Year in the Universal Conquest Awards last year.

The video focuses mostly on what the video is about -- that low point that we all feel in our lives. It has a lot of solemn looking shots of Mason in some pretty depressing states. A few times he resorts to drinking as an escape, others he just wanders the streets. In the end, however, he reminds us that even if you feel that you are at the end of your rope.

On a personal note, I have to say I am incredibly proud of Mason. Would I have liked to see a video for one of the hot tracks from "The Sinner EP"? Yes, but that is in the past now. Things are moving forward and up. I'm really happy to see how far you've come, friend. Keep it up.

1 comment: