Wednesday, November 21, 2012

RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race Recap - Dynamic Drag Duos

I'm late again! Please forgive me. At least I'm still keeping at it. I had a moment of weakness, wondering if reviewing this half-season was even worth it, and you know what? The show lifted my spirits higher than ever. This is truly one of the best episodes ever. You know what would have made it better? Manila Luzon.

Note: I wrote my review as I was watching the episode for the first time.

Another episode without Manila. I really don't know what the point is. I mean are they doing another mid-season castoff bring back? Damn. I guess I still got my girl Chad to root for, but it's just not the same.

"Juju and I are bottom two -- AGAIN. Not cute." And that is why I love Raven. These work-room bitch sessions are getting tired, too. They say the same thing over and over again. Maybe because it's always Shad winning and Rujubee failing.

The Mini Challenge this time is all about basketball. They all look a hot mess, when they are only given ten minutes to pull a look together. They play a simplified version of Horse, called "Fish". For once, being fishy is a bad thing.

This is actually one of the funniest mini challenges ever. They look horrible, Shannel is rockin his man-in-a-skirt attitude, and Juju actually made me laugh a couple of times. Sadly, Shad lost this one, proving they are the ladiest of the two teams left. Go figure. The two won the right to call home.

Ru revealed that the two teams have to transform into arch enemies. One of them has to be a superhero and the other has to be a super villain. They even have to put together a back story and come up with powers. Whoever wins, gets to star in an actual comic book as the first drag superfoes.

It was pretty funny to hear Raven bitch about the challenge being hard this time around. I seem to remember season two being easy compared to season three. They had all kinds of challenges with three outfits a piece that needed to be made in a single day. Cmon lady.

Chad, on the other hand, wants to make this super funny. Unfortunately he isn't funny at all. He was making fun of Arkansas, for christ's sake. You don't mess with the south, hunty! Raven and Juju's are super confusing.

It wouldn't be drawing to a close without a huge twist. Ru drops a bomb announcing that they would lip sync against each other if they were the losing team. This sounds insane! Another bomb? They all four have to work together to put an act together to lip sync all together. To quote Shannel - "We are so F**ked!"

Juju's talking to his boyfriend was sweet, but it was the most touching to see Raven talk to his mother. She had been on Drag U before, talking about the struggles in accepting his choices, but it seems they've full on made up and are a family now. It's sooo sweet!

No shade, but this was Ru's worst look on the runway. Hands down.

I know I don't usually talk about the guests, but DAMN! Wendy has lost a lot of weight since her Reno 911 days. She's looking hella amazing, and Elvira is timeless as always. This episode has the best judges of the whole season. Hands down.

Chad looked beautiful both as a super hero and in her day look. Lady looks good in red.

Shannel looked cute in her day look. She finally looked great. In her evil look, she looked a bit too over the top. I wasn't exactly a fan.

Juju looked cute in her day look. She always looks a little -too- fishy for me. Her super outfit was cut though, and she looks great in that red hair. She may be finally winning me over here at the end.

RAVENS DAY LOOK WAS GORGEOUS! And her evil look was stunning as well, with that plastic skin look she could easily be a comic book foe. Hell to the yes, this is the Raven I remember.

Rujubee is obviously the winner of this one, right? Well damn I am wrong, as always. It seems that Ru is all about sending the best home. Ugh.

This time it is down to Raven VS Jujubee. Team Rujubee is forever ripped apart, and they have to go head to head. The song is Robyn's smash "Dancing on My Own" and I just can't find the words. It is so emotional and drew me in. I think everyone in that room sans the judges was crying. No dry eyes allowed.

After the dust settled, Ru had obviously made her decision. Juju collapses to the ground, distraught over the situation. They regain composure for Ru to announce that neither of these bitches are going home.

Well that was a waste of time. Next week no teams. And they want us to vote again, just like season four. How stupid. Ugh. Can we just crown Raven already?

1 comment:

  1. I love Raven, but I can not get over how well put together Chad looks: I still think Chad will win the season, but it would have been nice to have Manila in the final four. The lip-sync for your life had me in tears, and I was telling my co-workers at DISH about it but they do not understand why I like this show so much; I just tell them it is “fierce” and they should be quiet and just watch it. I can’t wait to see who wins but I’m going to miss the final episode because of work; I’ve already set my DISH Hopper to record it. There is over 400 hours of HD recording space so I won’t have any worries about recording the finale and the new season five when it premieres.

    ReplyDelete