Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sorry I Missed It - Daniel Robinson "Deep River"

I've been really good at missing stuff lately, haven't I? I can't be up on the news all the time, I guess, especially in such a hectic time as the Holidays. What? He came out with this in June? Oh, well I was probably drunk busy, too. Regardless, Daniel Robinson has got talent.


Just because you may not have heard of Mr. Daniel Robinson doesn't mean he hasn't been around the block before. He actually has gained notoriety lately due to his huge success in the John Lennon writing competition, taking the grand prize in the Electronic division. It's easy to tell why, once you give him a listen. His music is not only fun to listen to, but very polished. Not to mention being selected from thousands of submissions from around the world is pretty impressive on it's own.

This American-gone-Canadian singer released a new track called "Deep River" earlier this year, and what do you know -- I missed it. This song has a bit more of a rock edge to it than stuff he'd released previously, but only slightly. The song is still very electronic. What makes this song really stand out for me is it's slower beat. Most artists of this genre seem unwilling to release a slower-paced single. Daniel has opted for just that, focusing much more on his lyrics and voice than getting caught up in a high BPM count.

The sound is very much Owl City inspired, but with stronger vocals and a bit more passion put into the performances. He has a strong foundation to move off of, and if "Deep River" is the future of his music, I want to be kept in the loop on this one. The song is the lead single from his upcoming EP that has yet to be titled (as far as I know).

What's impressive is that he is out there winning competitions and writing at such a young age. This guy is only twenty! He's younger than I am! That just goes to show you that age really isn't nothin' but a number. That gives me hope that someday really soon I'll be able to release my very own EP.

I decided on a title for it, by the way.

If you want to check out his music, you can preview and buy his new single on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment