Monday, November 5, 2012

Song of the Week - The Mother We Share

I'mma be honest with you guys. I know next to nothing about this group outside of their Facebook page, but damn this song is addicting! It's like crack. Not that I'd know or anything.


First off, let me say that I am well aware that this song has been out for nearly a year, Let me follow that up by saying "shut up, the rules say it has to be available in the US." The length of time a song has been out elsewhere is pretty irrelevant. Regardless, I think the world is already convinced that this is the best song of all time ever. No, really. Go ahead and look up a review on the track real quick. I'll just wait here.

See? I told you. Everyone loves it.

But why is the song so good? I honestly can't pinpoint it myself. The song is so light and easy feeling, but still manages to have the synths and melodies that we crave in music today. Even the vocals sound similar to something you would hear on the radio these days, but it still manages to be a sound of it's own. I could go on and on about how mysteriously awesome this song is, but you probably just want the iTunes link already.

Here it is. The remix is pretty rad, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment