Sunday, November 4, 2012

Site News: Announcing the 2012 Universal Conquest Awards Categories

Yup. It's that time again. It's time for my very own awards to be figured up. This time I'm gonna make it a bit different. No, not because I've had time to plan or think things out better (who does that?), but because I'm leaving the whole thing in your hands -- if I can get the voting to work right. That's right. Every category sans the editor's pick will be chosen by you, the reader. Can you handle the pressure?


I can't believe it's already time for the UCAs again! It seems like only yesterday I was rigging carefully selecting and hand picking each category. This time, since I have a much larger viewership, I'm hoping for an even better turn out. That means you betta vote. I mean what does it matter who the next president is when the Song of the Year is on the line?

The setup is going to be similar to last year. Starting December first, all Song of the Week posts are hereby considered in the running for 2013. That means that the song chosen on Monday, December 3 will be in the category for next year. In a similar fashion, the first few selections for the award this year are actually from 2011. It makes sense in my head so just shut up. Anyway, I will compile a list of every Song of the Week from the previous year and put them up for voting for the category of Song of the Year. It's gonna be a lot to choose from, so make your selections wisely. The editor's pick will be chosen by myself only. In the case that my top pick and the winning vote are the same, my second pick will win the category.

As for what you are voting on, things have changed a bit this year. You'll see some old tired and true categories returning as well as some brand spankin' new ones. The categories are as follows:

Song of the Year (Vote)
Song of the Year (Editor's)
Album of the Year
EP of the Year (Because everybody these days is doing EPs!)
Best Drag Song
Best Debut*
Best Lyric**

I'm going to try my best to select the best of the best this year, but after getting a bit of feedback from last year, I must call upon my readers once more. I need you to put your two cents in, giving me options for nominees. What drag queen released the best track this year? Who's EP shined better than the rest? Who was a lyrical genius? Let me know! Any and all help is welcome. Suggestions do not have to be something I've covered over the year (although it is preferred). In order to have the best of the best, I gotta know what the people want.

The deadline to get your nominees to me is Sunday, November 25. You can get in contact with me via email at TakingOverTheUniverseBlog@Gmail.com or better yet, "like" my Fanpage on Facebook and give your favorite artist a shout-out.

*Best Debut must be an artist who released their first official single (or EP/Album if they didn't have a single before) between December 1, 2011 and November 30, 2012.

**Best Lyric must be no longer than two lines. The category is meant to be funny, but serious lyrics are certainly welcome. The song they come from must be released officially between December 1, 2011 and November 30, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment